This weekend I attended the IF: Gathering. It’s a beautiful movement that I will talk more about in the coming days, but first, I feel like I should tell everyone where I’ve been the past eight months. I honestly hadn’t realized it had been that long since my last post! For the love, what have I been doing? Well, IF helped me see that it’s time to put keystroke to WordPress once again. I have a voice and there are things I’d like to say. So let’s take it back to June of 2014, when I told you about my experience in Haiti.
One of the things I learned from my Haitian brothers and sisters was how to live completely in the moment and appreciate every. little. thing. I came back with a desire to be fully present in this life God gifted me and I didn’t know how to do that and also observe the moment at the same time. Observation is kind of important to writing and apparently I’m a very bad multi-tasker. So to answer the question what have I been doing? Well, that.
I’ve been living.
- I started a women’s group where nine strangers are now starting to do life together.
- I substituted at my kids’ school – and that will take a whole other blog, and maybe counseling , to fully digest.
- I stepped into a volunteer role at my church where I’m able to use my ability to communicate and connect with others and share the values of our church – and also explain why we do things the way we do. Sometimes it’s takes a lot of explaining, in the best way.
- I’ve stood in front of thousands and shared my story of meeting our sponsor child so in turn others picked up that call and lives are being changed.
- I began serving at the food pantry.
- I date my husband.
- I have the neighbors over.
- I’m planning a family trip to Haiti because everyone should find a place not like their own and go there.
- I’ve walked with friends in the midst of devastation and despair and I’ve seen them come out on the other side.
- I bought a foosball table.
I’VE LIVED. And now I want to tell you about it. Not because what I’m doing, have done or will do is anything. IT’S NOT. I am nothing. BUT GOD IS. And let’s glorify him together. Let’s live in his presence and then talk about it. Let’s share the good and the ridiculous and the sad and the beautiful and the real. It’s time. It’s time I learn how to multi-task. Thank you IF for shaking me awake. For reminding me there are seasons for everything and my Spring is here. I don’t know where God will lead me, or you, but I’m excited to find out.
For anyone stopping by here today hoping to check out my professional credentials, you’re probably confused. #sorrynotsorry
This blog started out as a place for me to file my thoughts on culture, employee engagement, leadership and general human resource practices. And those things are still here. But it’s so much more now and I hope you’ll stick around.